BARCLAYS is set to close another 16 branches over the coming months.
The closures come as big banks make the move of transferring more of their services online.
The UK’s largest cash machine network, LINK, keeps track of any planned branch closures across the UK.
The locations closing in February are:
Read more bank closures
- Barclays, 1 High Street, Westbury-on-Trym
- Barclays, 16 Vaughan Street, Llanelli
- Barclays, 43 High Street, Sheringham
- Barclays, 34 Market Place, Dereham
- Barclays, 130 George Lane South, Woodford
- Barclays, 32 Hill Street, Newry
- Barclays, 27/29 Church Street, Coleraine
- Barclays, 22/24 Hide Hill, Berwick-Upon-Tweed
- Barclays, 2 Holly Parade, 20 High Street, Cobham
- Barclays, 22 The Borough, Farnham
- Barclays, 131 Eltham High Street, Eltham
- Barclays, 2 The Square, Abingdon
- Barclays, 2 Market Place, Cannock
- Barclays, 197 Shenley Road, Borehamwood
- Barclays, 2 Liscard Village, Wallasey
- Barclays, 54 High Street, Ruislip
What can I do if my local branch closes?
Many elderly people, particularly those living in rural areas rely on their nearest branch to carry out day-to-day tasks.
However, there are some options if you find yourself a bit lost without your local branch.
Most read in Money
Most basic banking tasks can be carried out at the Post Office.
You will not be able to apply for a loan or open a new bank account, but you will be able to do most other things.
Since the closures, many banks now offer a mobile banking service where your bank brings a bus to the area offering services that the branch used to offer.
If you get in touch with your bank they will be able to advise you what options are available and if they offer such a service.
Other banks also use buildings such as village halls or libraries to offer mobile banking services.
If you are worried just check with your local branch before it closes what options are available, or you can always contact them over the telephone.
Meanwhile, we have a full list of all the branches that closed last month including Nat West and Barclays.