It is amazing how the Internet has made it possible for anyone to generate income right from the comfort of their home.
The order of life goes like this: From (being a) baby to toddler, toddler to adolescent, adolescent to adult. We become a husband/wife then God-willing, a parent.
SOMEONE asked me an interesting question at one of my seminars: “Can success be guaranteed in every venture one undertakes?” He was a middle-aged man who obviously has had some struggle coping with life's ups and downs.
At the just concluded SuccessDigest Enterprise Awards, (SDEA) 2013, where Jimoh Ibrahim (OFR) was also inducted into the SDEA Hall of Fame, attendees got more than they bargained for when the business mogul took to the rostrum to deliver his keynote address which became a high level business lecture on company acquisition.....readmore
“Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
Several young men and women are willing to launch into the business world, but they often start out underfunded. This tends to make them smaller at the outset and grow more slowly.
Oscar Ofoegbu, a native of Anambra state in the Eastern region of Nigeria, travels to Dubai twice a month to buy shoes and slippers, which she resells to local retailers in the Nigerian city of Enugu. She explains the simple steps to starting out in shoe business in this article.
The growth of a business does not diminish the need for funding to, for example, introduce new products or services; expand into new markets; hire or contract additional help; expand facilities or purchase new equipment and machinery. While it can be quite tough getting the loan, managing it effectively to keep the business on the growth path consistently, is equally challenging.
In some ways, whom you choose to marry is a matter of right or wrong. Spiritual wisdom comes from God, but in many ways, the decision requires considerable judgment - not necessarily absolute rights or wrong but I believe it is important to have wisdom and consider the advice of elderly ones around you. That was why Solomon told his son when advising him about relationships with women to pay attention to wisdom and preserve discretion. Proverbs 5:1-2.
There are a thousand and one factors that may cause a great business to collapse but in this article, we are looking at the most common among them.
I KNOW what you are thinking after reading that headline. You're saying to yourself: “What the heck does this guy mean by saying ‘Motivation is not enough?"
Nigerian Breweries Plc has concluded plans to hold the 2014 Golden Pen Awards. The company said the ceremony is slated to hold on Monday, June 30, 2014 at the Lantana Hall of the Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos by 5pm.
If there’s one thing entrepreneurs love to do, it is creating jobs for others. They are never satisfied. They keep thinking of how to reinvent themselves. This is the story of Awobajo Adeleke who started out with one business and ended up diversifying along the line. How was he able to do this? Find out in this interview.
I run a successful training and consulting company and have helped hundreds of entrepreneurs to launch or establish their own firms.
This article is designed to show you the importance of marketing and simple tips for making it work for your business and ideas.
PROVIDING your shoulders for someone to lean on is one of the noblest deeds you can render to your fellow human being.That someone, be he a relation, an acquaintance, or a total stranger, will never forget your kindness. And the assets side of your spiritual balance sheet will definitely improve following such action.
At a gathering of entrepreneurs, a wife was quoted as saying: “I could never work with my husband, we would kill each other!” To those who are aware of the vicissitudes of marriage, this statement is certainly not strange.
Every football team requires a Coach to succeed. The same is applicable to businesses. You need a business coach to succeed. Having said that, there are many small business coaches to choose from, so it helps to have clarity about what you're looking for in a coach.
AT one of my business seminars, I put this question to the audience: ''Why is success so difficult to achieve?"
A few hands went up. One said it was because the secret of success is hidden. Another said the price of success is high. While the third person observed: "Success demands patience and most people don't have it."
Online, the escalating growth of this industry is aided by the increasing demand for internet and interactive media advertising, such as ads on mobile phone apps. And offline, the demand for graphics for advertisements is also high, too.
YOU will never achieve success if you don't know how to handle rejection. That is a strong statement. But it is perfectly true. So what is this rejection I'm talking about?
Rejection? Of course, we all know it. A boy toasts a girl. The girl looks him up and down and says, "Me, to befriend you? God forbid!" The boy thinks it is the usual shakara (playing hard-to-get) that girls make and persists in pursuing her. But this girl is quite serious. When the boy finally realizes it, he is devastated.
The importance of goal setting in business cannot be overstated. The setting of goals is important to guide the company and employees toward defined objectives. Without goal setting and the necessary motivation for goal attainment, businesses are without purpose or direction.
Ask any business owner and what you would most likely hear is – “It is not easy”. You would be reminded of the stress, the long hours, the lack of sleep, etc. You have to consider yourself lucky if the business owner does not even try to talk you out of working for yourself.
Irwin, a junior naval officer, was discharged from military service after he was diagnosed with cancer – standard military procedure at the time. The loss of his job was quite a blow, but he was determined to get back both his health and his job. With faith and dogged determination, he battled the disease that tried to take over his body.
Each day, the Internet comes up with new ideas and concepts that change the way people and businesses are run. And the best part is that they also bring about new ways for people to generate income, most times lots of it.
HAVING made a strong case that you ought to strive to be wealthy in recent writings, I owe you a duty to also let you know the implications of being wealthy.
The essence of this article is to show you the root cause of failure in business.
The two widely known causes of small entrepreneurial failure are 1) lack of knowledge about the business, and 2) insufficient capital to sustain the venture through to break-even and profitability.
Conscience is described as the part of your mind that tells you whether your actions are right or wrong. Therefore, to have clear/guilty conscience means to feel that you have done right/wrong.
Affirmation works not just on our overall personality, but on our specific goals as well. Wayne Gretsky, for example, at the age of seventeen, was a superior athlete. He had the opportunity to play two different sports - hockey or soccer. He loved hockey.
The dire security situation in Nigeria today makes it important for people who value things to take urgent steps to protect their lives, those of their loved ones and their property. This article by SuccessDigest focuses on astonishing security gadgets that fit the bill and how a wise entrepreneur can tap into the opportunity created by these times of peril and create wealth by getting involved with the business of security.
The 80 To 20 Theory
EVERYONE loves success. That is what we are told. But is it true? Evidence available to me says it is not. Why, if everybody loves success, are only 20% of the people in the world sharing 80% of the good things life has to offer while the remaining 20% goes to the rest 80% of the people? Have you ever thought of this? Has it ever occurred to you?